Primary Care Services - Providing support for your overall health
The Harris Center has developed primary care services with community partners like The University of Houston College of Medicine. This service is designed to help clients reach health-related goals, providing access to health coaching, healthcare screenings, transportation to and from your scheduled healthcare visits and so much more. Our whole-person approach will help clients achieve positive outcomes in both their physical and mental health.
What Are Primary Care Services?
A primary care clinic or clinician certified to coordinate care among the primary care team, specialists and community services to ensure patients receive what they need to stay healthy and improve and manage their health.
The Harris Center’s Primary Care Services provides complete care ranging from disease prevention to management of complex and chronic conditions, and are dedicated to meeting the highest standards for health care delivery.
Why Choose Primary Care with The Harris Center?
- Care for physical, emotional and social well being
- Helps you set health goals
- Treat illnesses and minor injuries
- Prevent or manage long-term conditions
- Patient provider partnership
- Inclusive and equitable
We are here to Help you in your Wellness Journey
- Primary Health Screenings & treatment for prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, COPD, asthma, and high cholesterol
- Women’s Health: wellness examinations, contraceptive counseling/family planning.
- Weight Management
- Medication Education and Answers
- Coaching for Health and Wellness
- Lifestyle Management and Supports
- Coordination of your health care with specialty health providers in the community
What Are Your Primary Care Benefits?
- Easy access and communication with your primary care team to ask questions or get help.
- You, your family, your care team and other health care providers work in partnership to improve and maintain your health.
- Your care team includes a navigator to help organize your care inside and outside the clinic, and to support you in achieving your goals.
- You work with your care team to create a personal care plan that is available to you and all your health care providers.
- You receive complete care ranging from disease prevention to complex and chronic condition management.
- Respect for language, culture and religious beliefs. Harris Center’s Primary Care Services are for everyone.
- We will work with you to promote healthy living so that you can enjoy good health.
Why is Primary Care Important?
Research shows that people who develop a relationship with a primary care provider live longer, healthier lives.
When you receive regular preventive care:
- You’re less likely to go to the hospital or take sick time.
- You’re more able to manage chronic conditions.
- You’re more likely to be satisfied with your care.
- You may spend less money on health care because preventing illness costs less than treating it after you get sick.
Receive Care Now
A live video chat for treating allergies, nausea, strains and sprains, sore throat, constipation, insect bites and more.
An in-person appointment for minor illnesses, aches and pains, vaccinations, sports physicals and more.
To access helpful tips to stay on top of your health, please click here.
Primary Care Assistance Line
Download our program brochure.