Changing How Adolescents and Young Adults Network, Gain Access, and Engage in Healthcare
About The Harris County System of Care
Families often face challenges in accessing services for youth with mental health needs. Project CHANGE has joined forces with communities in Harris County and Texas System of Care to meet that challenge by offering services and supports in a different way.
Project CHANGE is for youth, young adults and families (ages 3-20) who have not benefited from traditional services in the past. This model may be a good fit for those at risk of out-of-home placement due to struggling with their behavior at home or in school; those who need care and support upon discharge from psychiatric hospitals or residential treatment programs; those involved with the police, court system or child protective services; or those facing challenges transitioning into adulthood.
Our program hopes to be different than services you have received in the past by implementing the Wraparound and system of care approach to improve how you access care, build supports, and take charge of your healthcare needs.
Services & Supports
Below are some of the services and supports available through Project CHANGE.
What can you expect?
- You will have a plan of care that is unique to your individual and family needs.
- You will have a “Team” made up of your support network that meets at least once a month. This team may include family, friends, teachers, mentors, and professionals who want to help you be successful.
- You will be able to choose from a full menu of services and supports provided in your home, school, and community.
- All services support your family’s culture, beliefs, and traditions.
- If you would like to submit a referral for yourself or someone you know, please please click referral link at the top of this page.
- A representative will follow-up to provide more information and screen for eligibility.
- Intake assessments can be completed in the community if transportation is a barrier to receiving care.