The Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) is a national standard, codified at Title 28 Part 115 of the Code of Federal Regulations (28 CFR 115), mandating zero tolerance of sexual abuse and sexual harassment of persons in the custody of U.S. correctional facilities.
For any PREA concerns involving The Harris Center, please contact The Harris Center’s Rights Office at (713) 970-7742.
How to Report:
The Harris Center Dual Diagnosis Residential Program (DDRP) and Harris County Residential Treatment Center (HCRTC) offers multiple ways to report sexual abuse and sexual harassment. Reports can be made anonymously.
- Call the Harris County Community Supervision Corrections Department (HCCSCD) PREA Reporting line at (832) 927-PREA (7732).
- Send an email PREAReporting@csc.hctx.net
- Report to any staff, volunteer, contractor, or medical or mental health staff.
- Submit a grievance or a sick call slip.
- Tell a family member, friend, legal counsel, or anyone else outside the facility. They can report on your behalf by calling (832) 927-PREA (7732) or email PREAReporting@csc.hctx.net.
- You also can submit a report on someone’s behalf, or someone at the facility can report for you using the ways listed here.
- Send a letter to PREA Ombudsman Office: PO Box 99, Huntsville, TX 77342-0099 or call (936) 437-5570